When transporting the sea and mixed (river sea) cargoes, the company proclaims the commitment and gives a priority to the safety of navigation and prevention of pollution.
Safety on the sea and inland waterways, including vessels safe operation; prevention of death and injuries of people, environmental and property damages are the priorities of the company, to accomplish which Amur Shipping Company JSC:
- carries out the activity in strict accordance with the international agreements and the Russian legislation;
- introduces and supports Safety Control System operation;
- undertakes effective measures on maintenance of technical condition of vessels in compliance with the classification society standards;
- directs the efforts to prevent dangerous situations in vessels, by observing safety standards (rules and norms), training the personnel for actions in emergency situations;
- invests in training and professional development of personnel, that allows for upgrading Safety control system level in the company;
- creates the social prerequisites (including instruments of office promotion) stimulating the personnel to decision-making, allowing for increase of the navigation safety level;
- takes actions for identification, assessment and management of all revealed risks related to vessels operation, the company personnel activity and prevention of environmental pollution;
- announces the commitment to the fight against use of alcohol and drugs on vessels.